We heart Jack Oscar!
Hey girls!
Ok - I am such an amateur at this mom stuff, but man do I love it! Jack Oscar is 5 weeks old already and I feel like I am just now coming back to life and venturing outside, we may even go to church this week. He arrived one day late on Saturday, January 27th at 6:54am weighing in at 7 lbs. 6 oz. and 19 3/4 inches long. I am so glad that I didn't know in advance how awfully painful and amazing labor and delivery would be. Let me give you guys a quick run down.
Contractions started around 3:40am Saturday morning. I had been trying all day Friday to get the party started. I went on a long walk, guzzled raspberry tea and bought some castor oil, but thank heavens, I didn't have to take it. By 5am, my contractions were 4 minutes apart and my water had broken. We jumped in a taxi just before 6am and just to make it fun for the driver, I had a rip-roaring contraction to help him hit the gas, which he did. We made it to the birthing center before our midwife. She ran in the door 15 minutes and after checking me, told us I was already 10 cm dilated and she could see Jack's head! We were shocked! Jack shot out less than an hour later and screamed hello! I was hoping to go natural, but had no idea I wouldn't have a choice. We weren't even admitted until after Jack arrived. The midwife didn't even have a chance to change her clothes. It was a whirlwind experience. In hindsight, I am so glad it was fast. Considering the circumstance, I was very happy with the birthing center/midwife experience. So here we are!
Jack Oscar looks just like Mark. There is little about him physically that looks like me, except for his 2 dimples! I am convinced he has my sense of humor too. He is a gentle guy most of the time, but can be nice and feisty - just how I like my men. He is still running on a brutal schedule, eating every 2-3 hours. I can't wait to finally sleep a little longer, but to make it 100% better - he has started to smile! I am attaching some photos of the little rock star.
I am doing fine. Mark has returned to work and my mom returned to Seattle last week. We made it through one week together with only 1 hitch - Jack got an eye infection. He won't have anything to do with his crib, but falls almost instantly asleep to the vacuum. I am working on the baby weight - only 23 lbs. to go. Can I get a witness? Yes, I know, I put on way too much, but it was so much fun. Nursing is also looking up. I almost quick around 2 weeks, but it has become much much better. Jack has a miserable latch, but now that my nipples have healed, I am tempted to just leave it as is. He has put on almost 3 lbs, so no question he is getting enough. Any thoughts on this? Please feel free to share!! I am thrilled to finally be a mom. So many prayers have been answered and along with the hormones, the gratitude is flowing. I hope we don't have to wait as long for No. 2., but if so, we'll manage.
I am coming to Utah in April to see some family and friends. Johanna, can I come down your way for a visit? Please holler back if you are coming to the tri-state area any time soon. Spring is a great time to visit the Big Apple!
Lots of love and some spit-up,
Jaimewave


3 Comments:
jaime! congrats!!!
little baby jack is so cute. love those hands by his face.
stick with it on nursing - it will get better, if it hasnt already... I used to just cry during it, but now we are all good.
as for L/D: see what I meant about PAIN? it frickin' hurts like heck. you are brave to have wanted it med-free... next time I will be sure they up my epidural so it doesn't wear off again!
love ya - congrats!!
Jaime,
I am so excited for you guys. it sounds like an exciting labor and delivery. mine 2nd was nice and fast too with no time for the epidural, but ia was glad it was so fast. such a cute little boy. it is so fun, crazy, exciting, exahusting to be a mom. i am so proud of you. i would love to see you in april, so fun. just let me know when you are coming.
LOVES mUCH
JOHANNA
Jamie!! Congrats! Jack is beautiful and I am glad ot hear that your birthing experince went well, considering the speediness!! Congratulations! I am sure you are a wonderful mommy!!
jennie
Post a Comment
<< Home